Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Heidee blogs: Close To You

true friends are hard to find
true love is harder to find
but if you fall in love with your best friend
are you willing to lose the friendship for the love?
or are you willing to lose the love for the friendship?

Those were the taglines from Star Cinema's newest movie, Close To You starring John Lloyd Cruz, Bea Alonzo and Sam Milby. Sam. The reason why Maya, Gay and I went to Glorietta last night to watch the movie on its first day of release. The reason why even though the storyline is actually kind of a cliche, we still wanted to go see it. For me, though, it wasn't just Sam but also because I thought John Lloyd was funny, and ok, ok, I admit, I got kilig watching the trailer. And also because I can relate a bit. Lord knows I have a weird habit of falling for my close friends.

After dinner at Tokyo-Tokyo where we took advantage of some discount coupons that were handed out at our office, we headed up to G4 Cinemas and shouldn't have been surprised at the long line. Still, we were surprised. Good for us we were able to find some good seats inside the cinema. There were so many people that some of them ended up sitting on the stairs. In the end, I thought the movie was worth it. Funny, kilig, made me cry a bit, and of course, Sam was simply gorgeous. Gay and I kept pinching each other each time he was shown on screen. Hehe.

After the movie we did our usual after-movie event -- Timezone! We used our free yellow swipers that comes with every Ayala Cinema ticket to play a couple of games of car racing. Then we shot some hoops in the free throw game. Before leaving I exchanged some of my powertickets (earned from scoring at games) for some colorful hair elastic bands. Then we went on home.

But to answer the tagline questions...I would be willing to lose the friendship for the love. I mean, if you do fall in love with a friend, I think you should tell her, because who knows, she may feel the same. And if she didn't? Well, it would be awkward at first, sure, and you may find yourself staying away from her. But if your frienship is true, after a while the awkwardness will be gone and everything will be back to normal. Take Joey and Rachel on "Friends." Or take me and...nevermind. Heehee. But really. Life is all about risks. And love is worth all the risk.

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home