Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

DAY FIFTY-THREE
Kathryn blogs: Missin' Bristol...

I never thought I would miss UK this much. When I was there, 3 months already seemed ages. How I wanted to go back here. I missed my family so much.

Well, I enjoyed a lot there, 'course. All those out of town trips especially our 4-day London getaway. It was really a looong rest for me back there. I didn't have to hurry or mind being late for work or school. All I did all day was to enjoy-- I frequently went to the mall ( The Galleries) or grocery store (how I miss Tesco, Sainsbury's and ASDA), I've also been to The Old Market at Corn Street and East Street Shopping at Bedminster several times (they're the counterpart of Divisoria atbp. tiangge dito sa 'Pinas).

Now, I savor every bit of my time here; being with my family and doing the work I've missed doing for months. Because I know I'd be leaving all these things behind once again... soon. But these past few days, pang of homesickness for the place my husband and I considered our second home has suddenly stricken me. It hit so hard that I dream about that place oftentimes for the past couple of weeks already.

I really miss everything back there. The cool breeze even if the sun's up. Our 'First Bus' trips. My everyday walk along Victoria Street. The programs I usually watch (Will and Grace, Frasier, BBC Points West, Neighbours, Doctors, Diagnosis Murder, Extreme Makeover-Home Edition, House Doctor, Ready Steady Cook, The Weakest Link, Eggheads, Eastenders, The X Factor, etc.). Omigosh! I was a certified couch potato back there (Erm, a euphemism of being a BUM, that is. Hihi.). My internet quickies at Mr. Pakistani's Internet Cafe; cost me a pound (P100) an hour. I miss our li'l cozy flat. I miss The Mall. I miss Clifton. I miss the all-time-panalo-budget ice cream (na walang sinabi sa presyo dito sa 'Pinas!). Can you imagine a 2-gallon ice cream for just P80?! My golly banana! Kaya, ayun, inabot na ng isang buwan, kalahati palang yata ang nakakain namin. Hay! And if there's one thing I'll never forget, it's all those cooking sessions! Grabe! Dun ako natutong magluto! I miss all the polite pips I bumped into. I miss the orderliness. I miss autumn. I miss winter. And even the presyong langit I also get to miss sometimes. (Hehe, binabarat ko naman sila e. Pag sale talagang bagsak presyo din!) At higit sa lahat, I miss the walang-hanggang pasyal! Sabi ko na sa'yo, Bembest, sana nag-Salisbury (where Stonehenge is located) na tayo nun pa e. It's really different there because even if you're just a simple carpenter, you'd really enjoy your salary (er, aside from not being socially discriminated). Funny cuz, back there in the UK, people from all walks of life are just so fond of travelling... or gardening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home