Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Heidee blogs: Anniversary Blog

I can't believe it has been a whole year since I wrote my first blog. Time really flies, huh? I've grown a whole year older. The question is, how have I grown? What has changed since last year? Well, aside from my weight, because I must have gained 10 lbs since I joined P&G, there is also my outlook in life. Let's take a look at last year's blog:

Maturity is a Boring State of Mind

When I was in High School, I dreaded graduation. I thought College life would be a drag and I actually wished I’d die right after graduation day so that I wouldn’t have to go through all that misery. Morbid, huh? Turns out I was wrong. I had even more fun in College than I did in High School (no offense to my high school pals, I do love you!). I’m glad I didn’t get my wish then, and maybe this is the reason why I became rather optimistic about life after school. Unfortunately, I think I would have to admit that maybe I was wrong yet again and maybe Clarissa (from the TV show) was right when she said that maturity is a boring state of mind. The adult life, or more specifically, life as a working grownup, is extremely
BORING.

This is my fourth job already. So far I haven’t found a job that did not bore me at one point or another. Maybe the problem is that I chose the
wrong course. Maybe I’m in the wrong country (please don’t say I’m just in the wrong place coz this is the third corner of the country I’ve tried working in). Or maybe it’s just me. What I wish right now, though, is that this is just a phase I’m going through (what they call the “quarter life crisis”) and that I’d eventually outgrow this and enjoy the working world.

I just hope this is a short phase, though, because (a) ennui has always been my biggest enemy and (b) patience was never my virtue.


So, has anything changed? A lot, actually. First of all, I no longer think that the working stage of life is a boring phase. Maybe I've found the job that makes me happy. Not so much with the work itself (because believe me, checking duplicate payments is boring as hell sometimes), but perhaps with the environment, the people surrounding me, and of course, the benefits (hehe). And being a working girl earning her own money puts me in a position I never was in during my schooling years. We were not exactly poor, but there were so many things I couldn't do due to budget constraints. And while I'm not exactly rich right now, I at least earn a decent amount of money that is enough to pay for luxuries and getaways that I have never before experienced. And that, to me, is what makes life worth living. The fact that there's always something new out there to explore, and the fact that you can actually have the means to go and explore it.

Wow. All that happened in a year? I can't wait to see what changes next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home