Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Saturday, April 15, 2006

BANGagers!

Today was just another one of those days--I feel like floating.

When I went to work last night (which is supposed to be my first day after a 2-day off), I wasn't really feeling I'm all set for a three-day (predictably, as always, tiring) work. Well, maybe because I wasn't able to get enough sleep.

At work, about an hour before the commencement of my shift, "Aga ni Kat a." was all my co-staff could say (as always, whenever they see me approching the station). I gathered my pens, pair of bandage scissors and my clipboard, put on my watch and cap, and changed my shoes. Then out I went from the conference room. Ready to receive endorsement by 9:20.

The last chart I was able to receive was, unfortunately, the most "toxic" one. The patient will be having an OR and all the orders were left to me by the outgoing nurse. I couldn't complain because I knew it was already late for him, especially when he said he'd still have to visit his child in the province. So, I got it. All of it.

Of the 4 duty nurses, I was the busiest one. Going to-and-fro, updating my charts every now and then. I even finished the endorsement sheets long after they had theirs done. Whew! I dunno, I often think I'm just making my work "toxic". Well, sometimes, yes, I have to admit. I'm serious when it comes to my work. That's why most of the time I'm the latest to finish. But I'm adjusting. And I feel I'm improving. A bit. =)

So, there, even with all those back-and-forth routines, I still had a pending for the OR patient. And the one I was endorsing it to was a senior whom they all feared, especially when they know they had pending, which I had. Sometimes, I just feel so utterly stupid. I mean, I had ample time and yet I don't get to finish everything. So, I had to request for all the pre-op meds (even if the AM shift clerk volunteered to do it; I felt responsible for it) and claim them personally from the Pharmacy. This is one thing I've always conditioned myself to do--to finish everything before going home, to make sure I dont lack anything, and to offer assistance to the receiving nurse. Maybe it's one way to lesssen the guilt. Besides, I just don't want them talking behind my back saying, "'Yang si Kat, andaming naiwang pending."


I got home at 9am. Cooked breakfast for my hubby even if I was really feeling sleepy. And tired. We had breakfast. And just before heading my way to bed, I went to check the net and Pao happened to be online. So, I was late for my morning session with my bed for about 1 hour and a half. Hihi! But it's ok, I always have fun chatting with Pao. =)

Good morning sa inyo, goodnight to me. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home