Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Monday, April 17, 2006

DAY SEVENTY-TWO
Heidee's Greatest Sacrifice

BBK, I don't know if this is too late. I only hadaccess to internet now.

My greatest sacrifice would be taking up mycollege course, Accountancy. And I did it for myparents. Eversince I was in high school, evenbefore I could think about College, my parents hadalready planned out my future for me, without myconsent. So when I was in 4th year college, mydad in particular did not even give me a chance toentertain the thought of taking any other course. Iremember one night I was ironing my clothes (thememory remains vividly in my head to this day) andsaying that I was thinking of taking up ComputerScience or Computer Engineering when hesaid, "You will take up Accountancy in Ateneo!" inhis commanding voice. And that was the end ofthat. No more room for arguments. During my firstyear in College I was so miserable because I didnot understand debits and credits at all. I stayedup till midnight doing my assignments and trying tobalance my worksheet. By the time I crumpled upmy 10th worksheet, I was crying. I hated it somuch. Somehow I was able to get the hang of itthough and I actually graduated cum laude. It wasnecessary in order to maintain my scholarship.Looking back, I realize that I had sacrificed myselfin order to be the daughter a parent would be proudof - a straight A student who reaped honors andawards but who sacrificed her enjoyment of life inthe process. Though when I think about it, I knowmy parents did it for me, because after all, parentsknow what is best for their children. But I'm throughbeing a geek. Now is the time to let loose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home