Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Monday, April 03, 2006

Heidee blogs: Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Before heading for the gym I stopped by at home because stupid Dory me (read: forgetful) had forgotten to bring jogging pants. Right after I got home, my housemate Reggie arrived with his girlfriend Diane. They turned on the TV and while I was rinsing my hands in the kitchen I heard the GMA news guy talking about Romi Garduce, one of the guys who is bent on being one of the first Filipinos to climb Mt. Everest. Upon hearing his name I ran to the sala, exclaiming to Diane, "That's my officemate!" And indeed he is. He's actually the boss of Arni, one of my kaberks in the office. He's on leave for three months, and since he and Arni are the only ones on their team, she got stuck with all the work. Poor Arni. But at least she gets to be the wind beneath the wings of someone who is bound to make the nation proud.

I myself am damn scared of heights and would probably never get at the foothills of, much less get to the peak of Mt. Everest, but I do understand the thrill that comes with scaling a mountain, because this scaredy cat dared to face her fears and climbed a mountain a year ago. Though it was a much much smaller mountain compared to Mt. Everest, the elation that came from climbing it was nonetheless great. Aww, I miss Mt. Makulot already. I wish I could climb it again.

related blogs:
*
First Filipino in Mt. Everest
*
Veteran climber seeks to be 1st Pinoy on Everest
*
My Mt. Makulot Expedition

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home