Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Heidee blogs: Diets and Doors

Looks like Neil is making a career out of being my Southbeat diet "coach," constantly reminding me on what (omelette for breakfast, nuts when you get hungry, veggies, lean meats) and what not (ketchup, drinks with sugar in them, all carbs and sugars) to eat for the first two weeks. His greeting this early morning on ym even went, "Day 2." With a serious master like that, who would dare disobey? So this afternoon when our department's newest hires gave the traditional treat in the form of pizza, I remembered him and resisted the urge to eat the entire thing. Instead I did as instructed and ate only the toppings. Trust me, this is NOT easy! I find myself constantly consulting with him on whether this particular food is okay to eat or not. And last night while I was in the gym I asked if it was normal to shake and feel faint. He texted four different messages with the same thought: "Oops I forgot to account that you go to the gym!" So he said we may restructure my diet in that case because southbeach is not designed for heavy exercise. Then he told me to eat non-fat yogurt before working out. I asked if I could eat oranges instead, because I have like 20 at home.

I got annoyed with our floor's door because once again it was broken and so we had to use the other door to get in. The problem with the other door is that it is too far away from my workstation and by entering that way I would have to walk all the way around the entire 19th floor just to get to my place. That door's been problematic lately. For security purposes, we need to use our IDs and flash it infront of a sensor that opens the door. We call it proxing. High tech stuff, huh. Before we could just tailgate, meaning we didn't have to prox our IDs if someone else was infront of us. But they have decided to increase security and implemented the anti-passback system on all doors. It means that if you use your ID to get in, you have to use it when you go out, otherwise you won't be able to get in again next time because the system detects that you are still inside. So that means we all have to use our IDs at all times. At first it was confusing. Yen would prox her ID then wonder, "Nasaan na nga ba ako? Sa loob o sa labas?"

And speaking of doors, Yen's classic funny moment would have to be the time when she told me, quite seriously, when I told her about how after I ditched a loser guy, a new one came along, "So tama talaga yung sinasabi nila na when God closes a door, He opens it again." Huwat? She's no Keanna, though. Once in a while she just slips like that, like when she asked me after watching the video "Kiss" where the guy gave his eyes to the girl, "Ikaw ba, pag nabulag ka may magbibigay sayo ng dugo?" But I do have my own moments, like our classic line nowadays, "Jokes are one half meant." With emphasis on the "one." Hehehe. Lines like these are what make life worth living. And you know what? It made me realize that it's okay to commit mistakes, because they make life colorful. Aside from making you learn, of course. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home