Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Heidee blogs: Gym Addict

Tonight has been the most fun I've ever had in yoga class. Perhaps because it's the most people-interaction I've experienced so far. Our instructor Winnie made us do the tripod pose -- the pose preparatory to doing the headstand. Wow. It was no easy task, I tell you, and as I positioned on my mat with my head down, struggling to lift my legs off the undersides of my arms, one of the more experienced students, a guy whose name I don't know but whose face I am very familiar with, offered to help me out. He taught me where to put my hands (they have to be farther away from my head) and guided me on how to walk my feet towards my arms, rest my knees against the undersides of my arms then lift both legs up. I did it...just barely. I'm still a bit scared. Maybe next time. He and two other guys were successfully able to do headstands, though.

Then Winnie also taught us to do a "half handstand" as she called it. She asked us to face the mirrors, then turn around and lift off on our toes in an inverted V. Then we walked our feet across the mirrors till our legs were perpendicular to the ground before straightening one leg at a time towards the ceiling. I was able to do it, but the girl beside me, who said it was her first time to attend yoga, said her feet kept slipping off the mirror. I said she'd get better at it, because I myself could hardly do anything the first time I tried yoga. And while I was still no expert now, I can tell that I've improved somewhat.

Last week I was in the gym six days out of seven. I also loved the pilates class I attended last Thursday which I think was effective because my abs really hurt the next day -- an indication that they worked. Also fun was the body combat class on Saturday which I attended with Maya, even though my Xi Men-lookalike crush did not show up. Oh well. At least I saw him tonight, though it was just a fleeting glimpse as we crossed each other on the stairs.

I so hope I can still find the motivation to keep on going to the gym. Though it's too late to lose enough weight for our Puerto Galera outing this weekend, Boracay is three whole months away. As my gym slogan goes, Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home