Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Heidee blogs: Happy Birthday Drew!

The first time I met Drew was during lunch in Shakeys (where certain people didn't go coz di nya daw trip ang Shakeys, eh). It was the first time he and Arni and Yen joined our original gang, the May 16 batch of hires. Then after that, we were discussing who among the newbies would be ok to join the gang and they said, among others, that Drew seems okay. And I blurted out, "Yeah he's great. He's gay, right?" to which everyone burst out laughing at my point blank statement.

Right from the start it was pretty obvious what his sexuality was, but since he never brought up the issue and confirmed it straight out, we were kind of wary in case we made the wrong assumption and he was actually just an effeminate guy and end up offending him. Even his closest friends in our group, Arni and Yen, didn't know for sure, so the three of us would think of ways to broach the subject without doing damage in case we were wrong. So one time during a lull in one of our conferences, I said out of the blue (with a snap), "Drew, tell us about your lovelife." To which Yen and Arni sputtered out in laughter. Drew chose not to answer my question right then, but the next week when he and Yen and I had dinner in KFC, I got the chance to ask him again, to which he said, "What do you think?" And I said flat out, "I think you're gay." Thankfully he confirmed that I was right. Whew!

Since then, Drew has been more open and more funny. Dinners with him and Yen are always very informative and end up with me dabbing at my eyes and clutching at my stomach in pain from overlaughing. Being with him strengthened my conviction that gay people are so much fun to be around. But he has also shared the problems and pains related to being gay, like how whenever he joins a new group (like a new company) people (like us) tend to wonder about his sexuality. "It's not as if I am denying it, but do I really have to explain to people each time? I wish I could just wear a shirt that says I AM GAY and end the speculation."

Which reminds me of that time when Rustom told Keanna in PBB that he is gay. He was crying and hugging her so hard I thought they couldn't breathe anymore. I was really touched. And I realized how hard it is to be gay. As Drew said, it's an abnormality people are born with that they don't necessarily like, but then there it is and there's nothing they can do about it. So the society should not be harsh on them.

Anyhow, I'm really glad I met Drew and the others. Being friends with these guys have made me a changed woman. Happy Birthday Drew! Luv you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home