Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Heidee blogs: It's A Date?

When you're out with a guy and there's just the two of you, is that necessarily a date? That is the question that begs an answer. Because if the answer is yes, then that means I've been on hundreds of dates in my entire life and that I was actually on one last night.

My night began when Jaypee, this new guy in our office, asked me to pay up for my default loss in our badminton game. We had made a bet and I didn't show up, so that was supposedly a default loss for me already. I actually had no intention of paying up, but he sort of trapped me into doing so. Since I needed him to complete the five people needed for the swimming class I so desperately wanna join, I decided that fine, I'd cough up the timezone credits I lost just so he'd join already (which was his condition). Funny thing is, before last night, he and I had never met in person. We were just st (our office instant messenger) buddies.

After passing by Mandarin Hotel to sign up for swim class, we walked to Glorietta. Normally I would ride a jeep, but certain other people said it would take less time to reach Glorietta if we walked, what with the friday night traffic and all. Nevermind the fact that I was wearing stilettos and that his ankle was hurt when he banged it against his table early that day. Well, if that's what he wanted, fine with me. All the better for exercise purposes. So we chatted all the way to Glorietta and I discovered that this guy is an overachiever of sorts, not just in academics but also in extracurricular activities. Even our batch valedictorian's activities and achievements pale in comparison to his.

We headed to Timezone and started with our common favorite, the basketball free throws. We played three rounds there and each time he scored at least 10 points higher than me. Well what did I expect, he's a guy. Duh. We also played car racing, air hockey, and dance revo (my first time!).

After exhausting ourselves and our load at timezone, we had dinner in Tokyo-Tokyo. We talked and totally lost track of time. We left when we realized the mall was closing already. By then it was 10pm.

Though what transpired actually sounded like a date, I don't think it is. Why? Because there is no romantic angle involved. At all. I'm sure of it. And I'm actually glad. For quite some time I've been pressured to find romance with any guy just because I think I should have a boyfriend, to the point that I've been trying to make it work with people who don't deserve it. And just a few weeks ago thanks to this stupid "bunny" I snapped and realized, why the hell should I pressure myself? So I booted him out of my life and that was the best thing I've ever done to help myself. I am happy being single. Heck no, I'm not bitter. I still want to find true love someday, sure, why not. But in the meantime I am not looking. If it's meant for me, it will come to be. No need to force it.

Right now I just miss having moments with a bestfriend. Though I have plenty of close friends now, they usually come in groups. It's still different when you have your own world with just one. I used to have plenty of one-on-one moments with different people before, then I lost touch with them. But now I think I'm starting yet again, and I'm glad. I remember what my classmate Lenmae said before of my friendship with Jojo -- "I'm jealous of you. It's so rare for a girl to have a guy close friend with no malice involved." You know what, she's right. So that's what I want to have back. A close guy friend. Are you out there? Let's have a non-date!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home