Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Sunday, May 07, 2006

DAY NINETY-TWO
Kathryn's Ultimate Summer Outing Experience...

Friday night, April 28, 2006:
I'm supposed to be nursing my patients. Unfortunately, I was down with colds. I had to call the unit to tell them that I can't make it to duty. After a looong process, they let me go. My co-staff volunteered to cover for me by going on a 16-hour duty. Thanks, Ma'am Raiz!

When my in-laws found out about it, they immediately decided that we'll be leaving for Ilocos at 3am the following day! Whew! So much for a poor nurse who's ill, huh? So my hubby and I headed to bed at around 10pm and went to sleep... after watching FRIENDS! Hihi, my co-addicts, I've just finish Season 6! How's that! After a lightyear, I finally did finish it. =)

Saturday morning, April 29, 2006:
My cellphone alarm went off. It was time to get up and ready ourselves for the long journey to the North. So, after 5 minutes of hesitating, we pulled ourselves out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. Good thing we've already packed our things the night before. It saved us from the last-minute rush, which I really hate! I don't like the feeling of being in a hurry, lacking the time you need to finish what you're doing.

At about 4am, off we went to start the 14-hour road trip...

First Stop: Agoo Church-A magnificent church with so much story to tell. We stayed there for atleast 15 minutes.

Second Stop: San Fernando, La Union-We got there at about 12pm, just in time for lunch. We got our stomachs filled at Midtown Restaurant. They served good Ilocano pinakbet (pronounced as pi-nak-but! hihi...). Even if my "bilas" was already craving for the famous 'bagnet' of the North, unfortunately, they don't serve it at Midtown.

After consuming the sumptuous meal, we went off again...

Third Stop: Sta. Maria Church-A world heritage site situated at the top of a boondock. It had a long stone stairway for the parishioners. The structure showed evidence of long existence, which demanded respect and admiration. Too bad, either by lack of budget or simply by not paying attention to preserving it, the interiors seem to have lost it's once magnificent appearance.

We had our merienda outside the church. Thank God we brought just enough food for the already 10-hour trip. Hmmm...

Finally, at around 5pm, we got to Vigan. And, as if to relieve us from exhaustion, we were greeted by friendly faces as we got into the main road. A throng of people was there watching the local Binatbatan Festival. That day was the kick-off of the week-long celebration of the town fiesta. We enjoyed seeing the local dance performed by a number of youth groups while chanting "Viva, Vigan!".

After seeing the parade, we headed our way to Padernal's ancestral house, our official resthouse for the next 2 days. =)

After unloading our things, we wen tout again, eager to see what becomed of Vigan at night. It was still full of life, with all those calesas around, P100/ride. Since it was already dinner time, we decided to literally dine out at Cafe Leona, a well-known restaurant in town. Finally, we got to taste the bagnet. It was no different from lechong kawali except that it was crunchier and is partnered with kamatis-with-bagoong isda. After dinner, we had our calesa tour around the city center. The cool breeze was relaxing, plus the amazing site!

To finally give our tired body a rest, we headed our way home at about 9pm. After a refreshing shower, I laid to bed and waited for my hubby who was having a 'basi' (local beer) with his brother-in-law. 10pm, we're already sound asleep...

Sunday, April 30, 2006:
We got up at 5am to prepare for the much-awaited Pagudpud trip! After bathing and eating breakfast, off we go with much anticipation. It was, I guess, the core of the outing since it's summer.

First Stop: Balayti Ili, Batac, Ilocos Norte-Home of the Marcoses. We got there at around 7am so the museum was still closed to visitors. We had to temporarily go and see other tourist spots while waiting for the opening hour of Balayti Ili.

Second Stop: Paoay Church-This magnificent structure has proven itself worthy to be recognized as yet another World Heritage Site. Its humongous facade is a symbol of the richness of Christian culture in the country.

After the picture-taking, we went back to Balayti Ili where, for the first time, I saw the wax of former President and tyran, Ferdinand Marcos. The house felt eerie. It smelled of an old rose.

We didn't stay long there. After buying some kalamay and chichacorn, we went off.

Third Stop: Bangui Church-It housed the miraculous Black Nazareth which was said to be found floating in a river/sea. We arrived there just in time for the mass. unfortunately, I only wore tank top and shorts (usual beach outfit) so I just stayed outside. my hubby was there to accompany me. We just ate the time off by visiting the Black Nazareth's site and circumferencing the church. As the first 2 churches we saw, it was also old.

After the mass, we drove off again and stopped by the Bangui town market to buy some food to eat at the beach.

Final Destination: Saud, Pagudpud-After an unsuccessful canvass of a resort, we went to 3 but they offered no vacant cottage, we finally arrived at Saud Beach Resort, one of the most expensive resorts. We thought it deserved to price high because of it's natural beauty. With numerous coconut trees inside of its compound, it welcomed is warmly, and summerly. =)

The cottage that they assigned to us though is already occupied by nomads so we had to find a vacant one. After settling ourselves, we had a good lunch and rested for a while. And then we plunged into the virgin beach. We took pictures. We bought souvenirs from roving locals. I saw two men doing henna tattooes. And because I haven't tried it before, I asked them to do one on the left side of my back. I chose a yin-yang design among those vast collection of theirs. And it was nicely done. 'Course, I had it taken a picture. But then I wasn't able to
let it air-dry for two hours as they told me. My hubby invited me to try snorkelin'. At first I was hesitant. I've always loved the sight of a beach, but definitely not its salty taste. But then when I got the taste of snorkeling, wow! It was a lot of fun. But, unfortunately, we had to pack up shortly 'coz we didn't want to leave the place late. Actually, much of the people have abandoned the place already, not wanting to drive off while the night is deep.

Yet, being hungry tourists as we were, we had our sidetrip again in another tourist destination, Fort Ilocandia. It was an elegant hotel where many opulent and powerful people go to unwind and relax. After touring the place, we went back to Vigan.

Third and final day, Monday, May 1, 2006:
Our 2 short days are over. After going back to the plaza to buy pasalubongs, we headed our way home, to Pasig.

10pm, we're finally home.

And we're back on earth. Back to reality. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home