Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 2

Monday, May 01, 2006

Heidee blogs: Mall Rat

Last Friday night I was back at the mall after what must have been a month. My office friend Yen had invited me to watch a movie with her. I passed by the gym first where Maya and I worked our angst off at the treadmills and stair climbers. Then I invited her to the movie with Yen and me. We walked all the way to Greenbelt, bought tickets, and played a bit at Timezone before we met up with Yen and watched the movie “The Wild.” It’s your typical hilarious cartoon with talking animals in it. The digital effects were much more advanced, though. Like 3d. At the opening scene I wanted to hug Ryan the lion cub because he looked so soft and furry, almost real.

The next day I was back at the mall again, with an agenda in mind. Of course, like the typical girl that I am, I got sidetracked and ended up buying 7 pocketbooks on sale in Goodwill Bookstore, at P20.00 each. Since my mom gave away my mini library, I have to start all over again. I was also able to buy my agenda –- Burt’s Bees lip balm from Beauty Bar and Phillips earphones from Abenson. Nivea is making my lips chap that’s why I switched. Burt’s is definitely better.

At night, Gay, Zenie, Zenie’s mom and Zenie’s sister and I went to Dampa. We had buttered shrimps, baked tahong, sinigang na bangus, ensaladang mangga and calamares. Zenie’s mom is pretty cool. We ended up telling her about the interesting tidbits in the house… which housemates used to have crushes on present housemates, which girlfriends of our housemates we like and don’t. In the end she said in her wise motherly way, “I think may magkakatuluyan sa inyo.” Interesting. I wonder who would be the Monica and Chandler of our bunch? You can rule me out as the Monica, because when I told Zen’s mom that I had been single for over four years, she hit the panic button. “You had better find a boyfriend soon or else you’ll get used to the single life and never want to settle down.” Too late, mum! I’m already in that mode! Honestly, I don’t ever wanna hook up with anyone. He’ll just wreck the completed orderliness of my life.

Later that night we were in the sala cursing the damn humidity. Reggie suggested going to Starbucks, but since it was close to 2am already we doubted that it would be open, so we said why not Starmart? Reggie said it was too far away. In the end, like the drawing he always is, he ended up not going with us. Maya, Gay and I left the house with our mp3 players, walkmans and pocketbooks in hand. Once in Starmart we ordered mocha frappes and plunked down on the table near the aircon, reading and listening to our sounds while sipping. Cool bliss. An hour later we started talking, as typical girls are wont to do. We went home past 4am.

The next day, Maya and I hit the SM Megamall with a plan: find an air cooler. We can’t take the heat! But since there was a mallwide sale we got sidetracked once again and ended up buying magazines, knives and a blouse. We left for Robinsons Galleria in the afternoon, where we would also look for an air cooler as well as watch “Basic Instinct 2.” This is the only mall left showing it. There was no air cooler there, but they said they might have one in their main branch in Makati. We got the address, then rested our weary feet in Pancake House, where we also tried their strawberry shakes. It was nothing compared to Baguio’s. Sigh.

At 5pm we went inside the cinema to watch the movie. "Basic Instinct 2" is a sequel which came after fourteen years. The original was so controversial before that we who had not seen it got curious about it and settled for watching the part 2. It was a violent and seductive movie that left us confused in the end. But I guess that was the beauty of it. That and Sharon Stone’s seduction. That woman is so sexy, even at her age. Wow! How I wish I could exude that sultriness. But then again, maybe not. I couldn’t even take the stupid guy who was whistling and yelling “sexy!” when Maya and I were walking towards the bus stop, both of us wearing sleeveless blouses to battle the summer heat. And yet we’re chubby, as Chu is always to quick to remind us. Just wait when we’ve lost our excess fat. We’ll see how you’ll react then. Hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home